We have opportunities for you in the following areas:
If you don’t see your dream job above but think you have the skills we are looking for, let us know. We are always on the look out for experts to join our international team. If you think you can help us create beautiful parts and products send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Business Development Manager
Job posted on: 20 June 2016
As a foreign-owned rapid prototyping service established in Asia, Star Prototype consistently outperforms its competition with a unique combination of state-of-the-art facilities using Western management “best practices” and benefitting from local cost savings. Combining the best traditional and additive manufacturing technologies, STAR is growing rapidly and looking to expand its market with Business Development Managers in the following territories:
- Chicago, IL
- New York, NY
Your Role and Goals
You will represent Star Prototype in Sales for the full range of products and services offered by STAR. Your primary focus will be on generating new business, but you will also be expected to serve existing clients by staying in close contact with them and our China-based project engineers. You will be expected to aggressively pursue new leads, and to stay abreast of the latest developments in the rapid prototyping and 3D manufacturing industry.
Star Prototype is an equal opportunity employer providing an excellent compensation and benefits package. We encourage cross training and reward those who produce results. Contact us for more details about how you can join our team!
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of ten (at minimum) primary and active contracts, with multiple secondary contracts
- Immediate follow-through on all sales inquiries and RFQs
- Work closely with China costing / management team, share all information about inquiries, call logs, databases, etc.
- Regular travel to visit with clients a must
- Represent STAR at trade shows, conventions, etc.
- Work with the China factory to arrange for customer visits
- Follow order production and delivery status, ensure customer’s complete satisfaction
- Occasional travel to China expected
- 2-5 years experience in engineering, production or product development
- Experience in rapid prototyping, 3D printing and/or traditional manufacturing (die casting, injection molding, CNC machining, etc.) is a plus
- Independent, proactive and highly motivated
- Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to travel frequently
- Degree in engineering or technical discipline