Job posted on: 27th January 2015
Company Culture and Working Environment
Start working for one of the fastest growing rapid prototyping and 3D production companies in Asia. Star Prototype is a Wholly-Owned Foreign Enterprise (WOFE) located in the Southern China city of Zhongshan. STAR consistently outperforms its competition with a unique combination of state-of-the-art facilities under Western management benefitting from local cost-savings in a modern and progressive work environment. Located just 1.5h from Hong Kong, Zhongshan is a clean, safe and rapidly growing city in the Pearl River Delta, offering myriad opportunities for culture, social life, sport and travel throughout Asia.
Please contact us today if you are interested.
Your Role and Goals
As Star Prototype’s Marketing Manager, you will organize, manage and budget the entire worldwide marketing operation from China. You will plan and execute all marketing activities with a team of assistants. Under your management will be a complex Google Adwords campaign already underway, as well as a sophisticated and active website. Your goal is to create and sustain a healthy amount of new leads that will help STAR to maintain its current rapid growth, while leveraging new trends and technologies to position STAR consistently at the forefront of the rapid prototyping industry.
We’d be pleased to receive your resume via E-mail along with a short letter of introduction.
The following areas will be under your supervision:
- Creation of new marketing content including pictures and videos
- Distribution of content across multiple platforms
- Improvement of Google Adwords campaigns
- Continuous development of Star Prototype’s website
- Production of additional marketing material such as brochures, press releases, white papers, promotional items and gifts, etc.
- Budget and monitor departmental finances
- Organize temporary marketing activities like mailshots
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Basic knowledge of Google Adwords
- Advanced knowledge of image processing software (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator preferred)
- Basic knowledge in video processing software (i.e. Final Cut Pro X)
- Fluent with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient in web design (WordPress, etc.
- Experience in marketing prefered
Business Development Manager
Job posted on: 03th March 2015
As a foreign-owned rapid prototyping service established in Asia, Star Prototype consistently outperforms its competition with a unique combination of state-of-the-art facilities using Western management “best practices” and benefitting from local cost savings. Combining the best traditional and additive manufacturing technologies, STAR is growing rapidly and looking to expand its market with Business Development Managers in the following territories:
- Austin, TX
- Orange County, CA
- The Midlands, UK.
Please contact us today if you are interested.
Your Roles and Goals
You will represent Star Prototype in Sales for the full range of products and services offered by STAR. Your primary focus will be on generating new business, but you will also be expected to serve existing clients by staying in close contact with them and our China-based project engineers. You will be expected to aggressively pursue new leads, and to stay abreast of the latest developments in the rapid prototyping and 3D manufacturing industry.
Star Prototype is an equal opportunity employer providing an excellent compensation and benefits package. We encourage cross training and reward those who produce results. Contact us for more details about how you can join our team!
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of ten (at minimum) primary and active contracts, with multiple secondary contracts
- Immediate follow-through on all sales inquiries and RFQs
- Work closely with China costing / management team, share all information about inquiries, call logs, databases, etc.
- Regular travel to visit with clients a must
- Represent STAR at trade shows, conventions, etc.
- Work with the China factory to arrange for customer visits
- Follow order production and delivery status, ensure customer’s complete satisfaction
- Occasional travel to China expected
- Experience in engineering / production, with focus on rapid prototyping and 3D printing
- Experience in traditional manufacturing a plus (die casting, injection molding, CNC machining, etc.)
- Strong track record in mechanical product sales, with 5+ years in technical sales
- Independent, proactive and highly motivated
- Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to travel frequently
- Degree in engineering or technical discipline