Terms and Conditions
1. All new customers shall pre-pay 100% up front, payment shall be made upon issuance of a purchase order, unless otherwise agreed upon. For rapid tooling orders, 50% of the tooling cost is payable up front. The balance is payable immediately after samples are sent for approval and approved. Should there be no decision made about acceptance of any samples/parts sent and/or no further progress in the project after 30 days of receipt of any set of samples/parts, the balance is payable. Any tool that has not been used for more than 1 year, may be disposed of by Star Prototype, unless otherwise agreed upon with the customer in writing.
2. The quotation provided is based on the information available at the time of quotation. Any further information supplied at a later date may result in a revision of the cost or lead-time, or both.
3. All quotations are based on our general tolerances unless drawings with tolerances are supplied. We use ISO DIN 2768 (f) for precision machined, metal parts, and ISO DIN 2768 (m) for machined plastic parts. Vacuum cast parts are produced to a tolerance of 0.15% the nominal dimensions as a general rule. Our tolerances are in line with industry standards.
4. If CAD data and 2D drawings are supplied, the parts will be made to the CAD data. The drawings will be used for information, thread data and tolerances only.
5. If any parts have threads, a drawing must be supplied, indicating the size, depth and position. Some CAD programs do not recognize threads and could result in threads being omitted. It is not possible to make a full thread to the bottom of a blind hole, 1.5 x pitch is normal, and will be our standard.
6. In the event of design changes after receipt of a purchase order, the customer agrees to pay any additional cost that Star Prototype may incur. For example if we start or even complete a job, and must re-start due to design changes, the customer agrees to pay costs incurred.
7. Star Prototype provides models that are colored or painted, we endeavor to meet the customer’s wishes and shall try all reasonable means to achieve a match to a sample or reference supplied. However, if the substrate is of a different color to the reference or sample supplied, we can only guarantee that we can supply color match that is our best effort. Anodized parts cannot usually be matched exactly to a pantone reference. Anodizing prototype parts can only be done on a “best effort basis”. We will do our very best to match samples supplied, but cannot offer a guarantee of a perfect match.
8. Machined parts will have a radius in an internal machined corner. If an internal sharp corner is required, it must be emphasized and clearly communicated. Methods such as electrical discharge machining methods may need to be employed, or on non-metallic parts hand finishing. Such methods will affect the cost and lead-time.
9. Any non-conformance must be reported within 7 days of receipt of goods in order to make any claims against Star Prototype.
10. Star Prototype shall not be liable for any failure to manufacture, deliver or provide, or for any delay in the manufacture, delivery or provision of, any goods to be provided hereunder if such failure or delay is caused by acts of God, fire, storm, earthquake, strikes, blackouts, labor disputes, riots, inability to obtain materials, equipment, labor or transportation, governmental restrictions, serious public health nuisance or any similar cause over which Star Prototype is unable to exercise control.
11. The buyer should not sign for any package that has external signs of damage without examining the contents first. Signing for a damaged package will invalidate any compensation claims.
12. Star Prototype assumes no responsibility for the design of the goods that are the subject of this transaction. To the extent that Star Prototype personnel recommend design modifications or provide design analysis, simulation or advice, they do so to help meet the requirements of Star Prototype’s own manufacturing process. These recommendations should be reviewed and verified (by buyer) prior to beginning the process. All recommendations do not have guaranteed results but are used as general practice.
13. Buyer retains sole legal responsibility for the design specifications and performance of the goods that are the subject of this transaction. Star Prototype will, to the best of its ability, provide a part representative of the Buyer supplied 3D CAD geometry that conforms to Buyer requested dimensions and Star Prototype Standard Terms and Conditions Effective January 2013, and to the tolerances specified on Buyer supplied 2D drawings. This work is done on a “best effort” basis and the parts shall not be deemed scrap if some tolerances are not met but the parts still function as intended.
14. Star Prototype does not assume any liability for intent of use, regulation, license, or misuse of existing intellectual property including patent infringement, copyright or trademark infringement or other legal conditions that are the responsibility of the products originator or financially responsible party.